Feb 07, 2020
Feb 07, 2020
A strong immune system fights off bacteria and viruses and helps a person stay healthy. Have you ever wondered how some people get sick very often and some are more prone to catching a cold or viral infection? It’s all about the body’s immune system. The immune system is the first line of defense of our body against alien microorganisms entering the body.
With little change in your diet and routine, you can ensure that your immune system is strong enough to protect you against virus infections.
Luke Coutinho, an award-winning globally renowned Holistic Lifestyle Coach shares tips on how to boost immunity, and understand the Coronavirus-
The Coronavirus involves the immune system and as we know that this is a virus that has never mutated in the human body before, there is no current solution, but ultimately prevention is the best measure.
-Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water or with an essential oil-based sanitizer.
- Try to keep your hands away from your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are infected with the virus.
- Avoid touching face with hands.
-Cover your nose and mouth with a handkerchief or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid consumption of undercooked meat /eggs/ raw vegetables
- Wear a mask when going to crowded public places
Top anti-viral foods :
2. Star anise –shikimic acid is the active compound. In fact, star Anise is used to make the active ingredient in oseltamivir (Tamiflu) which is used to treat influenza, a viral infection attacking the respiratory system.
3. Ginger - Specific compounds in ginger have been found to inhibit viral replication and prevent viruses from entering host cells.
4. Coconut oil - Coconut contains two special ingredients-commonly referred to as lauric acid and caprylic acid- that are excellent for immunity.
Antiviral herbs :
3. Holy basil / Tulsi -
Essentials oils :
The oils listed here can be inhaled to get relief from fatigue and nausea, as each assists the respiratory system.
- Star anise
Check out the 8 Foods with Anti Viral Properties