Click here to Login
Subscribe for Newsletter GoToChef for Brands

Emulsifier (433)

Technical Name : Polyethylene Sorbitan mono-oleate


Usage Tips

  1. It is used as a food additive and emulsifier in food products.
  2. It is also used in dietary food supplements.

Common names and forms

  1. Emulsifying & Stabilizing Agents (INS 433)
  2. Permitted Emulsifier (INS-433)
  3. Polysorbate 80
  4. Stabilizer (433)
  5. Stabilizing Agents (INS 433)


Emulsifier (433) is obtained from the fatty acids of vegetable oil that have undergone a chemical process called esterification. It is considered as a food emulsifier and flavoring agent. As per The International Numbering System for Food Additives it is coded as INS-433 and as per European Economic Community (EEC) it is coded as E433. These codes are universally adopted by the food industry worldwide.

Selection Guide

Check for the manufacturing date and expiry date on the label to make sure it has not expired.

- Disclaimer
"Information here is provided for discussion and educational purposes only. It is not intended as medical advice or product or ingredient review/rating. The information may not apply to you and before you use or take any action, you should contact the manufacturer, seller, medical, dietary, fitness or other professional. If you utilize any information provided here, you do so at your own risk and you waive any right against Culinary Communications Private Limited, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees or representatives.”