Click here to Login
Subscribe for Newsletter GoToChef for Brands

Humectant (451(i))

Also Known As : Pentasodium triphosphate


Usage Tips

  1. Humectant (451(i)) can be used as an emulsifier and to retain moisture.
  2. It can be used as a preservative for seafood, meats, poultry, frozen shrimp, sausage and modified starch.

Common names and forms

  1. Acidity Regulator (451(i))
  2. Acidity Regulator (INS 451(i))
  3. Pentasodium Triphosphate
  4. Texturiser (INS 451 (i))


Humectant (451(i)) is the salts of sodium or potassium with phosphates. It is an inorganic compound in the form of white, slightly hygroscopic granules or powder.

Selection Guide

Check for the "use-by" date on the packaging of Humectant (451(i)).

- Disclaimer
"Information here is provided for discussion and educational purposes only. It is not intended as medical advice or product or ingredient review/rating. The information may not apply to you and before you use or take any action, you should contact the manufacturer, seller, medical, dietary, fitness or other professional. If you utilize any information provided here, you do so at your own risk and you waive any right against Culinary Communications Private Limited, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees or representatives.”