Permitted Class II Preservative 202 is a potassium salt of sorbic acid. It is a white colour salt which is soluble in water. It is formed by neutralising sorbic acid.
Check for the "use-by" date on its package.
Permitted Class II Preservative (202) can cause nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, diarrhea and nutritional deficiency.(1)
"Information here is provided for discussion and educational purposes only. It is not intended as medical advice or product or ingredient review/rating. The information may not apply to you and before you use or take any action, you should contact the manufacturer, seller, medical, dietary, fitness or other professional. If you utilize any information provided here, you do so at your own risk and you waive any right against Culinary Communications Private Limited, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees or representatives.”